Chocolate Cake with Dalgona Coffee Frosting
- Ingredients for baking cake:
- 70 grams of all-purpose flour
- 22 grams of cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 110 grams of sugar
- 70 grams of Healthy Chef Cooking Oil
- 80 grams of buttermilk (or sour yogurt)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon of hot water
- Ingredients for Dalgona Coffee Frosting:
- 3 tablespoons of coffee powder
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of hot water
- 85 grams of mascarpone cheese
- 160 grams of whipping cream
Direction to baking cake
- Preheat over 180 c both top and bottom. Prepare baking tray size 6 inch with parchment paper and butter.
- Mix coffee powder with hot water and set aside. Add cooking oil, sour cream (buttermilk or sour yogurt), egg, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Mix all-purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking soda into the bowl. Whisk the ingredient together. Pour it into the baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes and set aside let the cake cool down.
Direction to make frosty topping
- Mix coffee powder with sugar and hot water. Whisk the ingredients until it starts to get frothy and the color changes to a lighter shade.
- Miz the whipping cream with sugar. Whish until it starts to get frothy. Add mascarpone cheese and coffee powder. Whisk for a minute.
- Cover the entire cake with Dalgona cream. You can crumble the cake and decorate it with others.
- Chill the cake for 30 minutes or a few hours.
- Slice and serve.