Deep fried pork with crab meat (Hoy Jor)
- 300 grams of minced pork
- 1 tablespoon of Chinese cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons of white soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of grounded pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoons of sugar
- 80 grams of pork belly
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons pf oyster sauce
- 500 grams of crab meet
- 300 grams of minced shrimp
- ½ cup of chopped coriander root
- 1 pack of bean curd sheet
- 2 cups of cooking oil for deep fried
- Hemp rope / string to tie in pieces
- Mix all ingredients in food processor and set aside for 1-2 hours.
- Lay out the bean curd sheet and cut in size 30 cm x 30 cm.
- Add ingredients on the bean curd sheet and tie pieces of hemp string at regular lengths to form balls size 2 inches. (Don’t tie too tight)
- Apply a little cooking oil after wrapping.
- Steam for 15 -18 minutes. Remove and leave until water drains off.
- Cut off the string and cut into the balls.
- Heat the wok with medium to high heat with cooking oil. Deep fried the balls for a minute until turn to golden color. Ready to serve.