Deep Fried Sweet Potato Balls
- 500 grams of sweet potato, peeled, steamed and mashed
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 200 grams of tapioca flour
- 50 grams of all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 grams of coconut milk
- 140 grams of sugar
- 2-3 cups of Healthy Chef Cooking Oil for deep-fried
- Steam the sweet potato for 20-25 minutes, until tender. Once cooled, mash the sweet potato with Tapioca flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, sea salt for a few minutes.
- Then pour coconut milk and egg yolk into the dry ingredients, continue mashing for 10 minutes with your hands to attain a soft and smooth.
- Divide the half of sweet potato flour as 2 batches, put black sesame seed into the first batch, mash for 2 minutes with your hands and leave for 30 minutes.
- Put bamboo charcoal powder into the second batch, mash for 2 minutes with your hands and leave for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 2 portions and roll into a 1.5-inch thick log shape. Cut into 1-inch size pieces and roll into a ball.
- Heat the Healthy Chef® Cooking Oil in a deep pot over low heat and add in a few sweet potato balls.
- Stir them with a spatula constantly so they’ll cook evenly.
- Press the balls down in the oil with your spatula or wide strainer when they start to turn golden brown.
- Repeat the motion until they are golden brown. The cooking process should take about 8 – 10 mins per batch.
- Keep the sweet potato balls warm and serve.