- 2 cups of fresh prawns
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 cane of Thai sugarcane
- 2 cups of soybean oil for deep fry
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ cup of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of shredded carrots
- ½ shredded of Chinese radish
Spring Roll Dipping Sauce Preparations:
Heat water in a saucepan until boiling, and then add sugar, salt and vinegar. Remove from heat. Add shredded carrots and shredded Chinese radish. Mix together thoroughly and set aside.
- Prepare 4 sugarcanes by carefully slicing each of them lengthwise into four thinner stalks (our Thai fruit knife works great). In other words, make 4 sugarcanes into 16.
- Clean prawns by removing shells, then put in a food processor with oil, white pepper powder, soy sauce, sugar, garlic. Blend until sticky.
- Wrap prawn mixture around the sugarcane and steam in a stacked steamer for about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok over medium heat until hot. Then add shrimp wrapped roll and deep fry until golden brown (about 3-5 minutes). Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Transfer fried shrimp wrapped roll to a serving plate and serve immediately with spring roll dipping sauce.
- We served these two ways. First we served them with sweet and sour plum sauce. We also served them with spring roll dipping sauce as the above.