Deep fried Pomfret with Ginger sauce
- 1 of White Pomfret or any available fish
- 5 of dried Shitake mushroom (sliced)
- 100g of ginger
- 1 tbsp of chopped garlic
- 2 of Spring onions
- 1 tbsp of bean paste
- 1 tbsp of oyster oil
- 1 tbsp of seasoning sauce
- 1 tbsp of light soya sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of sugar or palm sugar
- 3 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp of corn flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 of yellow chili or red chili (sliced)
- 1 tbsp of parsley
- 2 cups of cooking oil for deep fried
- Rinse the White Pomfret and score it slightly on both sides of the fish.
- Then heat up the wok with Healthy Chef cooking oil and fry the White Pomfret until its skin turns a crispy golden brown. This will take about 8-mins (3-4 mins each side). Drain and set aside.
- Cut ginger into long narrow pieces and set aside
- Heat up another pan with Healthy Chef cooking oil on medium heat. Stir fry the shredded ginger and chopped garlic until crispy and turn to golden brown.
- Add red and yellow chilies and bean paste add water
- Mix in the oyster sauce, seasoning sauce, soya sauce, and palm sugar.
- Continue stir fry this mixture for about 10 seconds.
- Turn off the heat and pour the sauce all over your deep fried Pomfret! Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.