- Ingredients for the part of the chiffon:
- Part 1
- 80 grams of cake flour
- 60 grams of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Part 2
- 55 grams of fresh orange juice
- 65 grams of cooking oil
- 2 egg yolks
- Part 3
- 2 white eggs
- 40 grams of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of “cream of tartar”
- Ingredients to make orange sauce topping:
- 375 grams of water
- 180 grams of strong orange juice (sunquick)
- 120 grams of sugar
- 35 grams of flour
- 35 grams of salted butter
How to make chiffon
- Warm the oven at 175c both top and bottom heat.
- For ingredients part 1: Sift the cake flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- For ingredients part 2: Mix ingredients part 2 in the bowl. Stir all ingredients thoroughly. Set aside.
- For ingredients part 3: Beat the white eggs with medium speed until it gets frothy. Add cream of tartar and beat with high speed. Gradually add sugar and beat for a minute. Set aside.
- Pour the ingredients part 1 into the ingredients part 2 and stir all together. Add the ingredients part 2 into the same bowl. Stir all together with hand whisk softly.
- Transfer to cake pan (size 2 pounds) and bake for 30-35 minutes. Set aside.
(If you use the half-circle tray or orange shape tray, this will take 18-20 minutes to bake) Set aside
How to make orange sauce topping
- Mix all ingredients into the pot except the salted butter, heat until boil.
- Turn off the heat, add salted butter and stir well.
- Pour the orange sauce all over the cake for the final top.
- Let it set for 15-20 minute in the fridge. Serve chilled.