- 400 grams of ground pork
- 50 grams of salted mackerel / anchovy
- 20 cloves of garlic (chopped in small pieces)
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro root (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon of tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 ½ cups of cooking oil
- Shallot, Chili (sliced and chopped)
- Lemon juice
- Pound cilantro root, garlic and pepper together in a mortar.
- Heat the pan with medium heat, fry the anchovy for a minute. Set aside.
- Place minced pork in a large deep container. Add anchovy, cilantro root, sugar, egg and tapioca flour. Mix everything by hand until combine. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Roll a pork ball of 2 inches in diameter.
- Heat the cooking oil in the wok with medium to low heat.
- Fry pork balls until golden brown.
- Ready to serve with sliced of shallot, chili and lemon juice.