Steamed Minced Pork Bun (Sa La Pao Sai Moo Sub)
- Part 1 : Ingredients for sponge:
- 375 grams of special wheat flour
- 10 grams of yeast
- 10 grams of sugar
- 200 grams of water
- Part 2: Ingredients for filling:
- While waiting for the sponge to rise for 40-60 minutes, we will start to cook the filling.
- 300 grams of minces pork
- 20 grams of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of white soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of corn flour
- 2 tablespoons of sliced spring onion
- 1 boiled egg cut into 8 pieces
- Part 3 : Ingredients for dough:
- 150 grams of wheat flour
- 5 grams of baking powder
- 40 grams of milk or water
- 100 grams of sugar
- 4 grams of salt
- 50 grams of Healthy Chef Canola Oil
Direction to make sponge:
- In a bowl, sift the wheat flour, set aside.
- Add yeast into the bowl.
- In another bowl, add sugar and water together. Mix together with spatula. Then pour the ingredients into the flour bowl. Knead all ingredients until combined. Let it rise for 45-60 minutes.
Direction to cook filling:
- In the large bowl, add minced pork with all ingredients except the spring onion. Knead all ingredients until combined well.
- Lastly, add the spring onion and set aside.
Direction to make dough:
- In a bowl, sift the wheat flour and baking powder, set aside. Make a pond in the middle wait to add the ingredients from sponge.
- Add water / milk, sugar, and salt into the bowl.
- Add the sponge from part 1 into the bowl.
- Add Healthy Chef Cooking Oil into the bowl.
- Start to knead all ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
- Knead the dough and slice into pieces as 30 grams/pcs. Roll it out into 3-4 inch piece diameter.
- Pinch the sides and put 1 -2 tablespoons of meat filling. Gather the sides into pleats towards the filling and twist to seal the bun.
- Place on the parchment paper. Let wait until the bun rise for double size for 30 minutes. Then steam for 15 minutes with high heat.
- Ready to serve.