Crispy Red Tilapia Fish with Tamarind Sauce
- 1 whole red tilapia fish, cleaned, scaled 1 kg.
- Sea salt ½ tsp.
- Healthy Chef® soybean oil for fried fish 1.5 L.
- Tamarind concentrate ½ cups.
- Fish sauce ½ cups.
- Palm sugar ½ cups.
- Chopped red shallots ½ cups.
- Healthy Chef® soybean oil for fried shallots ½ cups.
- Long fresh red chillies, thinly sliced into long strips 2 Tbsp.
- Long fresh green onions, trimmed, sliced into long strips ½ cups.
- Coriander leaf 2 Tbsp.
- Lime wedge, to serve 2 pcs.
- Put sea salt on the both side of red tilapia fish and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Heat Healthy Chef® soybean oil to high heat.in a large pan.
- Cook fish for 4 minutes each side or until just cooked through and golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Stir-fry red shallots for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- For tamarind sauce, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add tamarind concentrate, palm sugar and fish sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes or until palm sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Transfer fish to a plate. Pour tamarind sauce over fish. Sprinkle fried red shallot, red chillies, green onions and coriander leafs over fish. Serve with lime wedges.