- Squid, cleaned and cut into rough 2-3 cm 400 g.
- Healthy Chef Cooking Oil 3 cups. For Deep fry
- 4 garlics cloves, thinly sliced
- Chili 1 tsp. , thinly chopped
- Lemon grass, thinly chopped 2 tbsp.
- Kaffir Lime Leaves, thinly chopped 4 leaves
- Healthy Chef Soybean Oil 2 tbsp.
- Minced galangal 1 tbsp.
- Sweet Roasted Chili Paste 2 tbsp.
- Fish sauce 2 tbsp.
- Lime juice 2 tbsp.
- Sugar 2 tsp.
- Water 2 tbsp.
- Milk Cream 3 tbsp.
- Healthy Chef Soybean Oil 2 tbsp. For sauce
- All-purpose flour 1 ½ cups.
- Tapioca starch flour ½ cups.
- Baking soda ½ tsp.
- Salt ½ tsp.
- Cold water 1 cup.
Preparing all-purpose flour, Tapioca starch flour, baking soda, salt, pepper, cold water into a bowl, mix well and put in fridge for 15-20 minutes.
Preparing Tum Yum sauce by heating a pan with lower heat. Add sweet roasted chili paste with cooking oil, fish sauce, sugar, water, and stir until mix well. Add more milk cream, galangal, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, lime, chili, and stir for 2-3 minutes.
Heat the pan with medium to high heat with oil. Coat the squid with flour and shake off any excess flour. Deep fry the squid, stirring the pieces in the pan for a couple of minutes until the squid is lightly golden. Remove from the pan and sever.